Men’s accessories are not often talked about. Though many men don’t know it, their ensemble can always be boosted with the right accessories. Stunning designer buttons and cufflinks for men add a stylish edge to a gentleman’s look and attire. When used correctly, these little details can be the finishing touch to top off any look.
What are cufflinks and how do you use them?
Cufflinks for men are used with shirts that have buttonholes on both sides of the cuff. These cufflinks hold the cuffs of shirts together and are a trendy alternative to buttons that are usually sewn into the shirt. They can be removed easily, allowing you to change them up, giving your shirts a different edge each time. Cufflinks for men are available in different types of materials, sizes and motifs, which are crafted with great skill.
Since the seventeenth-century cufflinks were an essential accessory for gentlemen, serving both functionally and aesthetically. From the very beginning, luxury gold and gemstone cufflinks were the symbol of status representing a man’s power, wealth and reputation in society.
Different Kinds Of Cufflinks:
If you’re looking for the perfect cufflinks to incorporate into your style, here’s a quick guide to help you choose:
- Toggle Closure Cufflinks– This type of cufflink is very common and easy to put on and is highly secure.
- Fixed Back Cufflinks– This is a more traditional and popular type of cufflink. Due to its durability and different designs available, it is the perfect wardrobe companion for men.
- Whale Back Cufflinks– This versatile, stylish and easy-to-wear cufflink is popular among all men. It is also one of the smaller versions among all cufflinks for men.
- Bullet Back Cufflinks– Bullet back cufflinks are probably the most popular cufflinks, and the easiest to use. They contain a small cylinder that is set between two bars, and is merely turned 90 degrees to secure.
- Stud Cufflinks– For people going for minimalist jewellery, this type of cufflink is a good choice. Quite similar to the whale back variety, stud cufflinks are a very popular accessory among men because of their lightweight nature and stylish look.
- Knotted Cufflinks– This eye-catching accessory is a must-have for every gentleman’s wardrobe, adding a fun touch of style and personality to your look. They add a pop of colour and are super affordable.
- Chain Cufflinks– This traditional and versatile cufflink is designed for a looser cuff and can be fitted with ease. These cufflinks are favoured usually by old-fashioned gentlemen, giving them a refined look.
- Ball Return Cufflinks– These types of cufflinks for men are sleek but more complex in style. With numerous designs, these eye-catching cufflinks are a great companion for your outfit.
Cufflinks are available in steel, brass, silver, gold, stone or diamond studded, teak wood, enamelled etc. and come in different designs depending on preference and occasion.
Designer Buttons– Designer buttons specially crafted for you, can amplify the look of any shirt, blazer, coat or suit, making you instantly look more refined. These can be metallic, stone studded, enamelled, acrylic finish or velvet covered. Here are a few options of designer buttons to choose from:
- Suit Buttons– These designer buttons are classy and add an elegant look to your suit.
- Coat or Blazer Buttons– Incorporating these buttons puts a stylish twist to your coat, perfect for any formal gathering.
- Shirt Buttons– These buttons are similar to the rest, but are often smaller and give your shirt a trendy look..
Although small, and often overlooked, these nifty little additions can spice up your outfits, display your unique sense of style and complete any look. You can head on over to websites like Nyka Luxe, Ajio Luxe, Pernia’s Pop-Up Shop, and Tata Cliq Luxe and choose from a wide range of designer buttons and cufflinks for men.